Listdata has been providing email data and marketing for many years. We are an innovative company and were one of the first direct marketing corporations to embrace multi-channel marketing, starting with campaigns for Jobs Online, and Vonage, over 10 years ago. We have more recently worked with BMW and MINI in new product launches, providing targeted email data and delivery services for millions of records. We currently work with dozens of auto clients including auto dealers and dealer groups to help them acquire new customers, as well as staying in-touch with their existing customers.
Listdata can provide the exact targeted data, help with creative optimization, as well as providing delivery and complete reporting services. We can even append emails to your existing customer and prospect lists.
So the user has opened your email and read the content. Great. But where’s the sale? There’s good news here.
First, consumers are increasingly likely to make purchases as a direct result of a business email campaign.
- One-third of users in the DoubleClick study had purchased something by clicking on a link on an email.
- Another 42% clicked on an email link for more information, then purchased the product at a later time.
Second, online couponing is booming:
- 73% of consumers have an online coupon for an online purchase.
- 59% have redeemed an online coupon offline.
In terms of industries, the top performers are travel, hardware/software, electronics, apparel, food, home furnishings, gifts/flowers, and sporting goods. All companies sending business emails in those categories report that between 71% and 80% of recipients have purchased their products because of an email campaign.
For those of you who haven’t yet given a thought to email marketing, here’s an eye opener: according to DoubleClick’s email consumer study,
- Over 78% of online shoppers have purchased through permission-based emails.
- 59% of email recipients have bought in a retail store as a result of a merchant email.
You can launch an email campaign for a fraction of the cost of any other type of direct marketing campaign. All the other mediums include associated costs of conceptualizing, designing, printing, postage and handling, and involve a lot of time and resources. An email campaign can be executed through easily available applications at the click of a button.
- The cost of sending a direct mail piece by postal service runs as much as a dollar, while each email costs less than a nickel.
- Even 1% response rate from a direct mail is considered successful.
- An email marketing campaign can have a response rate ranging from 5 to 10%, as people find it easier to respond back through this medium.
- A well-designed campaign using a properly managed mailing list will give response rates that are much higher than other direct marketing methods.
- It costs less to retain an existing customer than to acquire a new one; email marketing can help you minimize the customer retention cost.
- According to a study, around 40% of small businesses were using various methods of email marketing in 2014.
- Its time to get on board, because if you don’t your competition will march way ahead of you before you even know it.